Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas veggin'

Christmas came and went...and I'm secretly glad that all the "have-to" stuff is over and we can just chill now. All the Christmas cards got sent, all the neighbor gifts got delivered, all the Christmas shopping got finished (3 straight days of James and I shopping all day long), all the wrapping done, all the Christmas stocking stuffed, all the food shopping finished, cookies made...so now we can just play games, watch movies, beat each other in Guitar Hero World Tour (why do we need another guitar hero game??).
Jordan got Call of Duty V and Gears of War II so he has had buddies over playing all week. I tried playing a little but kept getting killed too fast because I was stuck running into walls or shooting the sky. Instead of working I need to be practicing my video game skills more!
Chelsea and I have been in our pajamas all week. (James has only gotten out of them to run kids to where ever they need to be). This is the part of Christmas break I love.
We ended up having Christmas dinner the day after Christmas because we had all snacked so much that there wasn't enough hungry people to justify all that cooking. We had tenderloin with a mushroom wine sauce, homemade mashed potato's, Pam's homemade cranberry sauce, rolls and Pam's Frog eye salad. Definitely worth the wait! James' meat he made on the Big Green-egg was so flavorful and tender ~the kids declared that it rivaled anything that Fogo de chao makes.
Brandt had been sick the week before Christmas. Christmas eve and Christmas day Emma was sick. And now I have been sick the last two days. Who will be next? My guess is that as soon as school starts Jordan will suddenly come down with a cold!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment