Tuesday, February 3, 2009

never let James plan the day


So Saturday I was sitting in my room drinking my morning coffee and trying to get some homework done, but Brandt would have none of that quiet time stuff. He was bouncing all around me. Sometimes rolling on my bed, sometimes singing me songs so that I could guess what they were, sometimes trying to get me to admit that Lucy liked him best. I, in my infinite wisdom, decided that now would be a good time to sic him on James. I told him that dad was up stairs probably just waiting to do something really fun with him. Maybe they could play ping-pong or pool or rock band ~ wouldn't that be fun?? Off he went. Back him came... James in tow ~ both of them announcing that we were taking a road trip, right now! Quick get Emma and Jordan up and lets go to Enchanted Rock! So off we went. Since it was a two hour drive both ways we stopped and ate in Fredricksburg at one of our favorite German restaurants and then on the way home we stopped in Llano at the best b-b-q place in the hill country. In between the two restaurants we spent a few hours climbing a 425 foot hill of solid pink granite. The kids thought that it was pretty cool and James was super jazzed ~ Sheli just froze. The wind was whipping up there and it was so cold. There were a few times that I thought the wind might take Brandt with it but I'm glad that they had so much fun. And I just had to spend all day Sunday trying to get my homework done.

BTW, I had to change the title of my blog. I noticed that a stranger was keeping track of the blog. So we decided to goggle it to see if it came up and BAM we were the 3rd site listed to buy children! Oops!! So we quickly changed it. Ha ~ that will learn us... (don't count on it).

1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    What an awesome day! I was jazzed reading about how the family all turned to and had some great fun. Homework like house work has to be sneaked into the crevices; except for mom who just went in her room; closed the door and we were told to contact her only if the fire was at her door, we could just take care of it(fire...roast marshmallows?)So we did!!!! Jerry showed us that we could do it over the gas stove. BUT I never liked eating marshmallows just toasting them.LOL That is scary having your blog name taken literally.

Post a Comment