Thursday, November 6, 2008


The Joker and some of his henchmen. Do you know which one is Brandt??
Emma wasn't really part of their crew but was kind enough to walk around with them. She had a long black dress on but it was hot so when she got home she changed out of it quickly.
I waited until the last minute to do all our decorating, of course, thinking that the kids that were home would happily help me. Nicole decided to carve her pumpkin instead and then needed hours to perfect her costume (don't ask). Brandt got out of school early and went to the park to play football with his buddies. The other three were still in school so that left poor James to be my helper. He helped me hang 7 scarecrows from the trees and light them so they were visible (their heads had lights in them also), then put up the giant spiders, the cobwebs and the headstones. Along with the candy we had a tub of drinks with dry ice boiling and brewing for all the trick-or-treaters. I was amazed at how fast the kids snatched the drinks up! The neighbors were amazed at how fast we transformed the house. They clearly don't know about our years of perfecting our procrastination skills.
Jordan decided to trick-or treat me. He had apparently decided that he was too old this year to dress up but didn't announce this to me until after his friends started showing up at our house. I kept calling upstairs for the boys to come down as it was getting later and later but they seemed to just want to eat and play video games. You would think I would have caught on earlier but one of the boys even brought a cotume with him as a decoy! Two days later they went home having eaten their fill of pizza and candy. Good thing Jordan's friends make me laugh so much...or maybe it's that they are all taller then me...

1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    Wow, that is quite a crew. Some really scary faces; some familiar, some not. Super work on the costumes. We didn't go into the season fully this year, so the decorations were minimal but enjoyable......not too many trick 'r treaters either, the sign of the times being that more parents are keeping their kiddos street safe?

Post a Comment